Comprehensive Wellness & Preventive Care
Miller Animal Hospital offers full-service wellness and preventive care for cats and dogs in Rensselaer County, NY. We are a family-oriented practice focused on modern medicine, and we strongly believe that routine veterinary care is the basis of good health. We encourage annual wellness exams to ensure your pet maintains a happy and healthy lifestyle.
At Miller Animal Hospital, our friendly team is committed to providing personalized and compassionate care in a safe space. Preventive veterinary care helps protect your pet against potential illness, and early diagnosis of disease can improve treatment outcomes.
Our wellness care services include the following:
- Comprehensive nose-to-tail physical exams.
- Heartworm prevention—Regular testing for heartworm can accurately detect early stages of infection.
- Parasite screening—We offer individualized prevention programs to keep your pet safe from fleas, ticks, and internal parasites (tapeworms, hookworms, roundworms).
- Vaccinations—New puppies and kittens and boarding pets should be current on their vaccinations depending on their age, lifestyle, and environmental risk.
- Dental—During the physical exam, we perform an overall scan of the oral cavity to determine the need for additional dental care.
- Allergies/Dermatology—We can help identify potential allergic and/or skin conditions affecting your pet.
- Nutrition counseling—We offer nutritional guidance for each stage of life and monitor your pet’s weight and dietary requirements as they grow. We also offer diet-specific foods in our online pharmacy.
- Behavioral counseling—We offer advice on how to correct certain behavior problems in your pet with positive training techniques.
- Microchipping—A microchip ID can help your lost pet find its way back home safely.
Pets are considered senior when they reach about 7 years of age. At Miller Animal Hospital, we know that senior pets have special needs and often benefit from extra attention and care. We provide routine bloodwork for aging pets and digital radiology diagnostics to detect internal organ issues. We also offer laser therapy and pain management for older pets with arthritis and/or joint disease.
To learn more about our wellness and preventive care services, please contact us or schedule an appointment today.